A targeted, bone-sparing approach to vertebral augmentation with Merit’s patented cement preparation and controlled delivery of high-viscosity cement.
Targeted Cavity Creation
- Enables targeted cavity creation across the vertebral midline (unipedicular access)
- Helps spare health cancellous bones
- Maximizes exposed surface area to facilitate interdigitation
- Lessens the impact of fracture morphology on cement distribution by creating preferential pathways
High Viscosity Cement
- Simple, patented vacuum cement mixing system
- Extended working time; 35 minutes for procedural flexibility
- Barium sulfate radiopacifier
- Precise cement delivery and stoppage for predictable results
“The StabiliT MX System provides very high viscosity cement and long working time. This allows us to go slowly and carefully getting the best cement fill possible in each vertebra and if needed treat more than one level. The Osteotome allows us to access in a unipediculate manner and still reach across the entire vertebrae to make the pathways for the cement.”
Interventional Neuroradiologist San Diego Imaging | Escondido, CA
*Paid consultant of Merit Medical
Indications for Use
The StabiliT® Vertebral Augmentation System is intended for percutaneous delivery of StabiliT® ER2 Bone Cement. The StabiliT® ER2 Bone Cement is indicated for the treatment of pathological fractures of the vertebrae using a vertebroplasty or kyphoplasty procedure. Painful vertebral compression fractures may result from osteoporosis, benign lesions (hemangioma), and malignant lesions (metastatic cancers, myeloma).
Risks and Contraindications
As with most surgical procedures, there are risks associated with the StabiliT® procedure, including serious complications. For complete information regarding risks, contraindications, warnings, and precautions, please review the systems’ Instruction for Use. For complete information regarding System related adverse events please see Instructions for Use.